Traveling Careers – Special Operations Manager
We seek Special Operations Managers (SOM) with extensive hotel apartment management experience or multi-location management, maintenance, or sales background. Prior multi-unit restaurant, property management, convenience store or retail operations are desired, however we will consider applicants with long term single location experience. Critical skills include management selection and training, cost control, local store marketing, and a commitment to quality. This is a fast track training program. Selected candidates could be asked to relocate to accept a Area Manager responsibility within a 24 month period.
The SOM reports to the Director of Operational Support and serves in a special role traveling 90% of the time to problem properties located from Miami to Salt Lake City . You will be measured on your ability to quickly assess the reasons for the poor quality, low occupancy, and low guest satisfaction, and then implement an action plan to quickly return the property to revenue growth and profitability.
Your primary focus is managing the growth of our revenue and profit in the market. SOMs work a 60 hour work week. We pay all travel expenses, but expect to be away from home 3-6 weeks at a time. Expect to travel for 12-18 months before final assignment. Our culture is performance based…we work hard and we play hard, but we respect the balance between personal life and work life, offering truly equal opportunity and advancement based on merit. We operate with fewer but better people.
If working in a high performance, rapidly growing, company who takes care of their employees so that they will take care of the customer sounds like a place you would like to work don’t let this opportunity pass you by. EOE
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Working hours are 8:00 A.M. — 6:30 P.M. Monday through Friday, and on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Develop, administer, and control the property revenue and expense budgets.
- Analyze Profit & Loss and General Ledger statements. Submit P&L Variance Reports in a timely manner.
- Review and approve the property payroll.
- Review and approve transmittals and other front office paperwork and reports.
- Authorize direct bill accounts with direct supervisor and monitor the administration of Accounts Receivable.
- Facilitate lead management processes within the property and complete sales and marketing objectives.
- Ensure leads are actively managed and followed up on.
- Maintain relationships with target accounts. Sustain pieces of business that are core business. Retain and service that business.
- Review studio inventory management to ensure maximization of studio revenue.
- Responsible for offering Value Place amenities, products and services in order to accommodate guest’s needs and increase revenues.
- Interview and hire office, housekeeping, and maintenance team members.
- Ensure proper selection, training, counseling and motivation of all team members.
- Ensure proper administration of Value Place benefits programs to all property team members.
- Review all hourly team member disciplinary procedures and documentation. Follow progressive discipline steps, up to and including termination, to correct team member performance deficiencies.
- Ensure team member attitude of attentiveness.
- Meet with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
- Monitor results of guest’s comment cards. Take appropriate corrective actions on a timely basis.
- Respond and follow up on all written guest complaints. Ensure guest satisfaction with resolution of the complaint or problem.
- Make suggestions for ways to improve operations and increase profitability.
- Inspect studios daily according to quality standards for cleanliness and proper preventative maintenance.
- Complete and submit all forms for capital improvement for the property.
- Responsible for knowing property emergency procedures.
- Ensure all team members are trained to act according to procedure, in the event of an emergency or accident at the property.
- Ensure a viable key control program is in place in all property departments, with documentation.
- Follow appropriate cash control procedures.
- Make daily bank deposits.
- Ensure the security needs of the property and guests are met.
- Respond to requests from immediate supervisor. Follow-up with immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
- Review daily front office procedures and assure proper transmission of all necessary information to the Value Place Corporate Office.
- Manage inventory of “for sale” items.
- Ensure proper uniform standards are followed throughout departments.
- Responsible for knowing area attractions and services in order to accommodate guest’s needs.
- One-year experience in hotel management including Front Desk (phones and transactions), AGM or Operations Manager (sales, guest issues, managing staff, hiring & firing), and back of house operations (preventative maintenance, repairs, room inspections)
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Strong personal communication skills
- Must have own vehicle
- Travels 90% of the time
- 50 lbs maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must inspect all rooms frequently going up and down stairs, bending squatting, lifting
- Assists with laundry, cleaning and inspecting of rooms, including moving furniture as needed
For consideration please click on the Apply Now link below. The website will then open the preferred email form. Please draft your cover letter with salary expectations, and attach an updated resume, then email your submission to Melissa Konnoff , Employment Manager for consideration. We expect to hire 7-10 SOMs in 2015 to fuel our growth in 2016 and beyond. Current general managers are encouraged to apply and interview for consideration and advancement, we prefer to promote from within when possible. EOE, We Hire Heroes
- Location: Any city near a regional airport hub
- Department: VPPM- Operations
- Req. Number: 12232014
- Income Range: $45-52,000, full benefits, retirement, vacation
- Job Category: Exempt
- Experience: 7-10 years single unit, or 3-5 years multi-unit
- Travel: 100%