Maintenance Tech – PA
Maintenance Tech’s (MT) will have a primary focus of keeping the property operational. They perform work involving the skills needed to maintain and repair equipment and the structure of the hotel. Duties may involve carpentry; plumbing, repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, and repair of kitchen appliances, PTACs, and repairing interior and exterior walls, siding, roof, landscape, concrete, and interior carpet, floors, or stairs. Room prep, room cleaning duties, housekeeping duties are not part of this job. Ideally this person is personally committed to assure all known issues are repaired at the end of each shift. Essential Duties include:
- Interior and exterior painting, repair damaged walls and dry wall, replaces windows, hangs cabinets, repairs kitchen counters, installs carpet, base board and vinyl tiles
- Removes damaged appliances and installs replacement microwaves, sinks, refrigerators, and stove tops.
- Performs general carpenter related tasks as well as landscaping and parking lot repairs
- Assists with completion of the preventative maintenance
- checklist and completes minor repair work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, lighting fixtures, etc. to maintain the hotel and keep product quality to standard
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- PTAC repair/replacement, hot water heater repair or replacement, commercial washer/dryer repair
- Assists in checking electrical systems such as PTAC, light
- switches, electrical panels, television sets, lighting systems, and makes minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Assists in checking and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 100 lbs maximum lifting with frequent lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work on their feet for 10-12 hours per day, occasional overtime required, needs to be on call for after hours and weekend service calls
- Must be able to use ladders frequently as well as going up and down stairs, bending, squatting, lifting, pulling/pushing
- Must move furniture as needed, must be able to use cleaning and painting products and electric hand tools
- Responsible for providing their own tools. Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Must score 75% or higher on Maintenance Test, and complete maintenance on line interview
- Must have a clean driving record
- Owning a service type vehicle is a plus
MTs should have completed formal training program in one or more of the following: HVAC, plumbing, electrical and general construction. There is a two step process to apply for this job, first you must pass a knowledge test and complete an on line interview. If you pass the knowledge test with a score of 75% or better a hiring manager will contact you for a personal interview. To complete the knowledge test follow this link: https://www.select2perform.com/default?code=VAL67206KS
- Location Nationwide
- Department VPPM
- Req. Number 081513
- Location $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Position Type Non-exempt
- Job Category Skilled Trade
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Travel None, select the property where you wish to work