We are known as the fastest growing brand in the history of the lodging industry (we opened 140 locations in 36 months). Our concept is a cross between a hotel and an apartment- we only rent rooms by the week. Our product is in high demand by business travelers and those who life’s circumstances cause them to need an extended stay hotel. Most locations have occupancy rates 20-25% greater than competitors.
As the largest economy extended stay lodging franchise in the U.S. we currently operate over 180 hotels in more than 30 states. By December 2016 we have plans to open another 125 locations, with goals to have 1,000 locations nationwide. Our property management company is ranked in the top 20 largest company owned PMCs with locations throughout the U.S.
Housekeepers work a flexible work schedule 4-6 days per week. They perform a wide variety of cleaning tasks in the hotel, cleaning both guest rooms and public spaces, and at times performing the duties of Hotel Custodian or Night Guest Safety Representative. Their work shift varies by day and week and depends upon which job they perform:
- Move-Out Cleans: this is deep cleaning when a guest checks out. Typically it takes 60-90 minutes to prep, clean, and reset a room to be rent ready
- Stay-Over Cleans: this is the service Housekeepers perform in hotels while the guest continues to stay with us.
- Public Spaces Cleans: this is typical janitorial work cleaning hallways, lobby, stairwells and routine landscaping maintenance
Specific Duties include:
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobby, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, so that health standards are met.
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to general manager
- Replenish room supplies, (toilet paper, soap, trash liners etc.)
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment, keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary
- These jobs require the employee to be able to lift up to 50 lbs., stand, bend and kneel. The work pace is steady; the work schedule is flexible to meet the employee’s needs. These employees love to “make it shine”, they take pride in doing a good job, are careful to follow directions, check lists and process. They get along with others and like working on a team. In general CLEAN is a passion they have and take pride in delivering an exceptionally clean room.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Quality Inspection process
- Rent Ready Inspection Experience
- Hazardous Waste Certification
- Hotel/Apartment/Cleaning Experience
- OSHA Certified
Candidates can also apply in person in the location of their choice.
- Location: Any Location in USA
- Department: Operations
- Req. Number: 012510
- Income Range: $7.50-$10.00
- Job Category: Service
- Experience: 0, Must be 18 years or older
- Travel: None