Hotel Careers – General Manager
Hotel General Manager – Property Manager
Are you ready to turn your management experience into a rewarding long-term career with a dynamic and quickly-growing leader in the hospitality industry? Join our team at Value Place! Since our founding in 2002, we have become the largest economy extended-stay lodging brand in the United States, and we are continuing to expand. With hundreds of new locations planned to open by 2018, we need energetic and personable management professionals just like you to serve as Hotel General Managers.
This is a hands-on hospitality management role in which you will have full responsibility for maintaining Value Place’s high standards of excellence at your assigned hotel. We will provide you with comprehensive training, as well as competitive benefits and annual salary based on market pay ranges ($45-55,000) plus monthly bonus ranging between $8,000 to $13,000 per year. What’s more, we offer you amazing career growth potential, with a solid career path and ample opportunity for steady advancement.
Hours for the Hotel General Manager position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, since our front desk is not open 24/7 the burden of late night and weekend staffing is not an issue. If this sounds like the career move that makes sense to you we want to talk with you.
As a Hotel General Manager, you will oversee daily operations at your assigned property, managing a team of 6-9 employees and ensuring that our rigorous quality and cleanliness standards, as well as our commitment to world-class guest service, are consistently upheld. You will take full ownership of your hotel, assisting with minor repairs and maintenance as needed, and making sure that the business remains profitable and that guests are delighted by their stay at Value Place.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Ensuring a consistently positive and memorable guest experience
- Conducting curb-to-room property walks in order to identify and monitor repairs and/or housekeeping needs
- Selecting, orienting, training, and managing your team of employees
- Handling all P&L decisions and ensuring the consistent profitability of your location
- Ensuring the highest levels of quality and customer service are being delivered
- Assisting with preventative maintenance
- Implementing payroll and inventory cost control method
- Working closely with Marketing on advertising and public relations initiatives
- Managing vendor relationships
- Ensuring that your assigned location is in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour, and Health laws
We are looking for a Hotel General Managers who combines meticulous professionalism with a friendly, welcoming, and energetic personality. As you will manage a small team, you must always be willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to keep everything clean and in good repair, operating the hotel as though you were welcoming guests into your own home. It is also important that you are able to effectively manage P&L and financials to ensure your location’s continued profitability.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- College degree, hospitality certification, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year of hotel, restaurant, or retail management experience; 2-4 years experience, strongly preferred
- Full understanding of and experience with P&L
- Strong sales and marketing abilities
- Quality Assurance Inspections experience and/or a proven ability to motivate teams to perform QA inspections at the highest level of detail
- Valid driver’s license and clear criminal history
As a Hotel General Manager with Value Place, you will be part of an established hospitality industry leader, with nearly 200 locations in 32 states, providing extended-stay accommodations that are clean, safe, simple, and affordable. We continue to experience impressive growth year after year, with plans to open a large number of new locations over the next several years. This translates to significant career growth for you as part of our team. We are committed to taking care of our employees so that they can take care of our customers. We offer a comprehensive paid training program through which you will gain your credentials as a Certified Hotel General Manager. In addition, your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with highly competitive compensation and benefits.
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Monthly and annual performance bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Prescription coverage
- Life insurance w/ AD&D
- Retirement plan
- Short and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings accounts
- Employee assistance program
- Personal time off
Equal Opportunity Employer-Drug Free Workplace-We Hire Heroes
We have room for you to grow with us. We have opportunities across the nation just apply and indicate the specific property or the city where you would like to work. We will forward your application to the hiring manager in the area to arrange a personal interview. When you click on apply you can email your cover letter and resume for consideration.
- Location: When you apply select the city where you want to work
- Department: Property Management - Operations
- Req. Number: 013015
- Income Range: $45-55,000 + monthly & annual bonus, full benefits, retirement
- Job Category: Exempt
- Experience: 2-3 yrs restaurant, hotel, or apartment management
- Travel: None