A General Manager (GM) is responsible for generating profit to meet or exceed budget expectations, while maintaining operational and guest service standards. GMs manage a property and supervise housekeeping staff, front office and maintenance functions. GMs train and manage an staff of 5-9 employees. They coach and counsel employees, inspect buildings, monitor employee productivity, market the property to increase revenue and provide a clean and safe environment for employees and guests. Each GM diligently observes service issues in their buildings and directs employees to execute solutions which please our guests. General Managers are paid to achieve revenue and profit objectives. Under the GM’s direction QAR scores are maintained at a satisfactory level, we expect growth in revenue and profit while consistently enforcing policy, and procedures.
Essential Functions / Job Duties
- Work hours are 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and GMs are on call twenty four (24) hours per day seven days a week.
- Develop, administer and control the property revenue and expense budgets.
- Analyze Profit and Loss and General Ledger statements.
- Review and approve payroll, transmittals and other Front Office paperwork and reports.
- Monitor the administration of Accounts Receivable.
- Facilitate lead management processes within the property and complete sales and marketing objectives.
- Ensure leads are actively managed and followed up on.
- Maintain relationships with target accounts. Sustain, retain and service core business accounts.
- Develop and maintain rapport with competitive properties, City Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, lead sources, clients, etc.
- Review Studio Inventory management to ensure maximization of studio revenue.
- Responsible for offering Value Place amenities, products and services in order to accommodate guests’ needs and increase revenue.
- Interview, ensure proper selection of and hire all property staff.
- Ensure proper training, counseling and motivation of all team members.
- Ensure proper administration of Value Place benefits programs to all property team members.
- Conduct all hourly personnel performance appraisals.
- Review all hourly team member disciplinary procedures and documentation. Follow progressive discipline steps, up to and including termination, to correct team member performance deficiencies.
- Ensure team members have an attitude of attentiveness.
- Meet with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their satisfaction level with guest services and facilities.
- Monitor results of guest comment cards. Take appropriate corrective actions on a timely basis.
- Respond and follow-up on all written guest complaints. Ensure guest satisfaction with resolution of the complaint or problem.
- Make suggestions for ways to improve operations and increase profitability.
- Inspect studios and public space daily according to the CLEAN & SAFE program Brand Standards
- Complete and submit all forms for capital improvement for the property.
- Responsible for knowing and leading the property’s emergency procedures.
- Ensure all team members are trained to act according to procedure, in the event of an emergency or accident
- Ensue a viable key control program and documentation is in place in all departments
- Follow appropriate cash control procedures.
- Make daily bank deposits.
- Ensure the security needs of the guests, staff and property are met.
- Manage inventory of “for sale” items.
- Ensure proper uniform standards are followed throughout each department.
- Responsible for knowing area attractions and services in order to accommodate guests’ needs.
One year experience in hotel management including Front Desk (phones and transactions), AGM or Operations Manager (sales, guest issues, managing staff, hiring and firing) and Back of House operations (housekeeping, preventative maintenance, repairs, rooms inspections, etc.). A bachelor’s degree is preferred and strong communication skills are required.
Possession of a valid driver’s license is mandated.
Our culture is performance based…we work hard and we play hard, but we respect the balance between personal life and work life, offering truly equal opportunity and advancement based on merit. If working in a high performance, rapidly growing, company who takes care of their employees so that they will take care of the guest sounds like a place you would like to work don’t let this opportunity pass you by. EOE, We Hire Heroes
To submit your application click on Apply Now below, the website will open a email form, draft your cover letter with salary & bonus expectations and attach resume to the email. Your resume will be sent direct to Ms. Melissa Konnoff, Employment Manager; expect a reply within five business days.
- Location Nationwide- currently seeking general managers in Denver,CO; Louisville, KY; and Davie, FL,
- Department Value Place Property Management- Property Operations
- Req. Number 12222014
- Location Base in mid $40's - mid $50's (market based adjusted for city/MSA) based upon experience and education, plus monthly & annual bonus
- Position Type Management
- Job Category Exempt
- Experience 3-5 years hotel or retail, restaurant , 1-3 years property or hotel management, restauant or retail profit center management
- Travel None