President of Operations; (VPO) manages the daily
operations of the
real estate development department. The VPO is focused on
opportunities to strategically grow the service provided by VP Development to
both Strategic-Partners and internal clients.
This means the VPO's job is
project driven. The VPO designs, implements, and revises action plans to
resolve the identified goals of the department and the company. The VPO
cultivates a motivated, skilled and effective support staff.
- Preparation of site specific
lender presentation packet
including, scope, entitlement risks, cost
estimates; construction schedules, budgets, and quality objectives.
- Presents to the Real Estate Approval Committee each potential purchase,
outlines in detail each costs, pro forma financial statements and risks
associated with each purchase.
- Maintains the Master File on each
project from prospect through land closing, loan process and construction
- Consults with internal and external customers
(Strategic-Partners, lawyers, legal staff, brokers, etc.) to evaluate, develop,
and provide information and recommendations as requested.
to assure each purchase contract meets quality
control guidelines and is
completed as needed.
- Responsible to schedule and make each deposit or
payment needed per the purchase contract, accounts for management of funds with
accounting department oversight
- Maintains an accurate updated Real
Estate database using
- Recognizes a clearly
present business need or problem, business benefits or goals of the solution,
rules, relationships, process, issues and risks, and impacts of proposed
solutions and requirements.
- Continually re-assesses and re-designs key
internal procedures related to real estate development activities to improve
efficiency, effectiveness, accountability, and profitability.
and presents materials describing the department
requirements including, as
appropriate: presentations and diagrams; process flows; entity relationship
- Is accountable for department's expenses, drafts department
budget, controls and approves expenditures.
- Manages the master
development projects schedule as well as individual property/site project
- Works closely with other departments to test, evaluate,
implement changes in brand standards related to site selection,
fulfillment and operations.
- Ensures operational standards are
documented. This position documents procedures and policies. Writes training
manuals for newly hired/promoted staff.
- Audits work product to assure
quality work is performed, and assures tasks are completed on time and under
budget. Trains and corrects staff behavior to assure continued quality.
- Supports business planning, working closely with President, and other
executive Accounting and Finance management personnel.