The Operations Support Coordinator (OSC) is an operations coordinator dedicated to supporting marketing and administrative tasks for company operations. These tasks are broad including expense approval, database management, ordering marketing materials and vendor relations. This is a job that has some routine monthly duties, but is often called upon to manage special projects or service requests by field operations management or home office department heads. This person must be able to think independently and make sound business decisions with guidance from the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Coordinates with Revenue Management Team to ensure sign rates are changed timely and all necessary collateral is provided to the property; especially tasked to make sure that the web published sign rate is the same as on the local sign rate.
- Codes marketing, operations department and property level invoices to be processed by accounting, using the correct GL code. Should be able to push back on invoices if work was not completed satisfactorily.
- Maintains communication with national and local vendors, coordinates with area managers when contracts for services need to be renewed, rebid or terminated. Assists in contract negotiations with Dir. Of Mktg. and Comm input. Maintains Master Files for each vendor.
- Completes market research activities; mystery shops, competitive pricing surveys, and special projects as assigned.
- Responds to guest complaints, comments, including phone calls, third party customer contact vendor calls, and website and requests form general and area managers.
- Maintains the business license and property certification database, tracks when licenses and certificates are due for renewal and assures local management takes the needed actions to assure compliance with local laws and brand standards.
- Manages the third party reservation and customer contact databases, assures they are always up to date.
- Supports the new property opening team providing them the required support to assure the timely opening of new properties.
- Provides general operations support – interfacing with vendors and various departments, responding to special requests for service or support.
- Orders marketing materials, LSM materials, from both local advertisers and brand sources.
1. Completes agreed upon special projects on time and within budget.
2. Maintain positive and professional communication and productive working relationship with team members, field operations personnel, and home office staff.
3. Applies creative solutions that are honest, ethical and consistent with our mission of:
1) affordable, 2) clean, 3) safe, and 4) simple
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in service-related marketing support activities, prefer basic bookkeeping experience or education strongly preferred
- Hotel experience preferred, some customer relations/complaint response experience
- Proven track record of consulting relationships: identification of client need(s), developing solutions to meet needs and establishing long-term standards of service.
- Proactive and aggressive in solving problems as well as recognizing and taking action on opportunities.
- Excellent organization and written/oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience preferred with an advanced proficiency in general computer use (MS Word, Excel and Outlook) applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related Liberal Arts preferred.