Maintenance Tech’s (MT) will have a primary focus of keeping the property operational. They perform work involving the skills needed to maintain and repair equipment and the structure of the hotel. Duties may involve carpentry; plumbing, repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, and repair of kitchen appliances, PTACs, and repairing interior and exterior walls, siding, roof, landscape, concrete, and interior carpet, floors, or stairs. Room prep, room cleaning duties, housekeeping duties are not part of this job. Ideally this person is personally committed to assure all known issues are repaired at the end of each shift.
Essential Duties include:
- Interior and exterior
painting, repair damaged walls and dry wall, replaces windows, hangs cabinets,
repairs kitchen counters, installs carpet, base board and vinyl tiles
- Removes damaged appliances and installs replacement microwaves, sinks,
refrigerators, and stove tops.
- Performs general carpenter related
tasks as well as landscaping and parking lot repairs
- Assists with
completion of the preventative maintenance
checklist and completes minor
repair work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, lighting
fixtures, etc. to maintain the hotel and keep product quality to standard
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or
perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
repair/replacement, hot water heater repair or replacement, commercial
- Assists in checking electrical systems such as
switches, electrical panels, television sets, lighting
systems, and makes minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Assists in
checking and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such
as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 100 lbs maximum lifting with frequent lift
and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work on their feet for 10-12
hours per day, occasional overtime required, needs to be on call for after
hours and weekend service calls
- Must be able to use ladders
frequently as well as going up and down stairs, bending, squatting, lifting,
- Must move furniture as needed, must be able to use
cleaning and painting products and electric hand tools
- Responsible for providing their own tools. Use tools ranging from
common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and
wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to
correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as
- Must score 75% or higher on Maintenance Test, and complete
maintenance on line interview
- Must have a clean driving record
- Owning a service type vehicle is a plus
completed formal training program in one or more of the following: HVAC,
plumbing, electrical and general construction.
There is a two step process to apply for this job, first you must
pass a knowledge test, then complete an on line interview. If you pass the
knowledge test with a score of 75% or better a hiring manager will contact you
for a personal interview. To complete the knowledge test follow this link: