This position is responsible for new account solicitation (prospecting and lead generation) and relationship development / management of current accounts and closing incremental business. Responsibilities also include category identification and development (strategies for new markets), assistance in promotion and packaging execution, account management and key milestone tracking of assigned accounts. This position sells to both current and new clients and will have required “close” expectations.
1. Makes sales calls to develop relationships and close deals to meet established sales quotas, revenue goals and distribution targets.
2. Researches and develops lists of prospects who meet the target company profile in terms of volume, and distribution across multiple market segments, follows up on sales leads, develops leads and establishes / maintains industry contacts that lead to sales.
3. Works closely with the Director of Credit through the credit approval process and maintains established standard operating procedures thereby ensuring assigned accounts meet credit thresholds.
4. Submits accurate and timely contact records, files, reports and expense vouchers as required.
5. Assists with the planning of and delivery of sales exhibits and presentations. Attends trade shows as needed. Participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs.
6. Participates in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by, researching, developing and maintaining sales & marketing plans. Maintains an up-to-date awareness of strategic plans and procedures to coordinate market plans.
7. Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time-to-time.
1. Achieve assigned sales and revenue objectives.
2. Complete agreed upon projects and documentation on time and within budget.
3. Maintain positive and professional communication and productive working relationship with team members, Strategic Partners and Property Management Companies
4. Apply creative solutions that are honest, ethical and consistent with our mission of: 1) affordable, 2) clean, 3) safe, and 4) simple
* Prefer 3 - 5 year’s experience in service-related sales and outside sales/marketing activities.
* Hotel experience preferred
* Proven record of closing business.
* Proven track record of consulting relationships: identification of client need(s), developing solutions to meet needs and establishing long-term standards of service.
* Proactive and aggressive in solving problems as well as recognizing and taking action on opportunities.
* Excellent organization and written/oral communication skills.
* Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
* Experience preferred with an advanced proficiency in general computer use (MS Word, Excel and Outlook) applications.