We are known as the fastest growing brand in the history of the lodging
industry (we opened 140 locations in 36 months). Our concept is a cross between
a hotel and an apartment- we only rent rooms by the week. Our product is in
high demand by business travelers and those who life’s circumstances cause them
to need an extended stay hotel. Most locations have occupancy rates 20-25%
greater than competitors.
As the largest economy extended stay lodging franchise in the U.S. we currently
operate over 180 hotels in more than 30 states. By December 2016 we have plans
to open another 125 locations, with goals to have 1,000 locations nationwide.
Our property management company is ranked in the top 20 largest company owned
PMCs with locations throughout the U.S.
This job has a flexible work schedule including On Call work, and accepts responsibility to maintain hotel rooms in a guest ready state. The work closely with the general manager and the housekeepers to clean each room to brand standards, following the check lists and inspecting every room before it is rented.
Besides performing the duties of a housekeeper, the head housekeeper acts as a trainer and leader of the other housekeepers. They help stock carts; assure personal protective equipment is used and that cleaning supplies are properly used.
Specific Duties include:
- Coordinate activities, cleaning priorities and guest service with the front desk and management
- Inspects work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
- Confer with staff to resolve performance and personnel problems, and to discuss company policies.
- Establish and implement operational standards and procedures for the departments supervised.
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment, and take corrective action.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities to determine the type of work required.
- Check and maintain equipment to ensure that it is in working order.
These jobs require the employee to be able to lift up to 50 lbs., stand, bend and kneel. The work pace is steady; the work schedule is flexible to meet the employee’s needs. These employees love to “make it shine”, they take pride in doing a good job, are careful to follow directions, check lists and process. They get along with others and like working on a team. In general CLEAN is a passion they have and take pride in delivering an exceptionally clean room.
The Head Housekeeper is provided a rent free furnished studio, free utilities and cable TV, free local phone, and internet. While on call they are not paid and are free to do what they wish but must carry a portable phone, pager, or cell phone, so guests can reach them.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Quality Inspection process
- Rent Ready Inspection Experience
- Hazardous Waste Certification
- Hotel/Apartment/Cleaning Experience
- OSHA Certified
Candidates can also apply in person in the location of their choice.