We are known as the fastest growing brand in the history of the lodging
industry (we opened 140 locations in 36 months). Our concept is a cross between
a hotel and an apartment- we only rent rooms by the week. Our product is in
high demand by business travelers and those who life’s circumstances cause them
to need an extended stay hotel. Most locations have occupancy rates 20-25%
greater than competitors.
As the largest economy extended stay lodging franchise in the U.S. we currently
operate over 180 hotels in more than 30 states. By December 2016 we have plans
to open another 125 locations, with goals to have 1,000 locations nationwide.
Our property management company is ranked in the top 20 largest company owned
PMCs with locations throughout the U.S.
Guest Service Representative
This job has a flexible work schedule including days, nights, and weekends and works at the front desk- providing a high level of guest’s service, taking phone reservations, guest check-in & check-out, greeting visitors, and vendors, and assisting with cleaning duties as needed.
Guest Service Reps also perform various guest services, taking and posting payments, responding to guest service requests, helping the GM to market and sell in our service area, making keys, etc. Their shift will vary based upon business need.
Guest Service Reps need to be sales minded individuals who enjoy meeting and greeting potential guests. Most visitors to our property know little about the Value Place concept of extended stay hotels. These employees give tours, make phone calls to local businesses, host open houses and perform other direct marketing activities under the direction of the General Manager. They need to be outgoing, friendly, people who like to "sell." They should have cash drawer experience.
We employ multiple Reps at each property with flexible schedules to meet the needs of our guests and the property. Reps work schedules can vary from a single four hour shift to 25 hours per week, some only work weekends. We are open from 9 AM until 10 PM Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 7 PM Saturday, and 3 PM to 8 PM on Sunday. If you are able to work these hours have some availability to work during these time periods, and meet the criteria noted above you could be an excellent candidate for this role.
Specific Duties include
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Issue room keys and information, directions and instruction to guests and visitors
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as making cash depots, running reports, posting payments to guest folios
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary
- Strong Candidates will have:
- Customer Service Experience
- Cashier Experience
- Sales Experience
- Clerical/Administrative Experience
- Hotel/Retail/Restaurant Training
- OSHA Training
Candidates can also apply in person in the location of their choice.